Kawartha Capital is a growing company with a strong reputation for quality work and excellent service. We provide our team members with a competitive salary, based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits plan.
To apply, submit resume to: email@example.com or fax to 705-750-0590.
List the position of interest in the subject line.
Thank you to all applicants, only those considered will be contacted.
Job Title: AZ Driver
Position Type: Fulltime or Part time Monday to Friday
Hours: 10 to 12 hours per day – paid overtime
Reports to: Physical Operations Manager
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Operate and drive trucks to transport various aggregates, soils and mulches
- Perform daily pre-trip, en route and post trip inspections of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork
- Communicate with dispatcher, other driver and customers in a professional manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner in order to minimize the risk of injury and property damage,
Qualifications and Experience
- AZ driver’s license
- offer a completely air-conditioned fleet
- Must be able to work well with others
- Knowledge of disposables/aggregates, soils and mulches is an asset
Hours of Work
Drivers typically work a 10-to-12-hour day. You are allowed to take a ½ hour unpaid lunch break each day and two fifteen minutes paid breaks (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). Overtime (1.5 times normal pay) is paid after 60 hours of work in one week period.
Full company paid benefits.
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health service
- Life insurance
- Medical Assistance
- Accidental Death, Disease and Dismemberment
- Dependent life insurance
- Travel insurance
- On-site parking