Completed October 2012 in Ennismore, ON
Kawartha Capital Construction was awarded the contract to complete an extensive renovation/addition to the existing recreational arena. An 8400 sq ft addition built on the East side for 6 new accessible change rooms with showers and washrooms, a new resurfacing room and a sprinkler room with below ground water holding tank. A separate addition to the North side provided new double entrances that also included a two stop elevator and a fully accessible barrier free, heated, viewing area.
The project had a tight deadline and Kawartha Capital was able to hand-over in time for the 2012 hockey season.
- Demolition of existing change rooms/lobby area
- All new electrical, mechanical, HVAC and firefighting systems
- Upgrade fire separations to meet code
- Cast in place fire fighting water storage tank
- Masonry cavity wall, OWSJ construction
- EPDM roofing membrane
- Metal cladding interior and exterior wall finishes
- Commercial kitchen millwor
- Specialized arena flooring installation
- Added insulation to the existing exterior walls to improve thermal efficiency